January 1st is celebrated in the United States as New Year ‘s day and I’m sure elsewhere as the beginning maybe not January 1st but somewhere in the world as a new beginning of a New Year. First I thank God for letting me see and live through 2015 and I’m saying farewell and good riddance on Dec 31, 2015. Normally, as far as I remember in my christian walk missing a few in my rebellious life you know being young and stupid in my case but knowing and I thank God (Thank you Holy Spirit) when I wasn’t in church I stole away in my mess to thank God for yet another year He brought me out. This year I wanted to start a new way of celebrating but my children wasn’t ready for it (long story) and I decided to go to church. I had mixed feelings as there were only a few people there not that I was sad; please don’t misunderstand me; I really don’t like large crowds when I go into prayer….. into my secret closet but sometimes I get so overwhelmed I don’t care who is around praise God and as I lay at the feet of Jesus my pastor stood up and turn the atmosphere into a celebration. During this part of the program there were saints who came to the mike and gave their testimony on what God did for them in 2015. I enjoyed this part of the service because there were a few people who where in attendance that were visitors and I thank God that they were there because it’s always good to share encouraging words during testimony time to give hope to someone and to share among each other. Overall, the service was blessing and I thank God that I did go. The word that was preached was how to prepare yourself for the “Next Level” part Two. The book which my pastor preached out of was in the book of Exodus 25:20-31. “There is no need to Rush” – you are already In” V30-31 were the key scriptures.
Exodus 23:20-31 English Standard Version (ESV)
Conquest of Canaan Promised
20 “Behold, I send an angel before you to guard you on the way and to bring you to the place that I have prepared. 21 Pay careful attention to him and obey his voice; do not rebel against him, for he will not pardon your transgression, for my name is in him.
22 “But if you carefully obey his voice and do all that I say, then I will be an enemy to your enemies and an adversary to your adversaries.
23 “When my angel goes before you and brings you to the Amorites and the Hittites and the Perizzites and the Canaanites, the Hivites and the Jebusites, and I blot them out, 24 you shall not bow down to their gods nor serve them, nor do as they do, but you shall utterly overthrow them and break their pillars in pieces. 25 You shall serve the Lord your God, and he will bless your bread and your water, and I will take sickness away from among you. 26 None shall miscarry or be barren in your land; I will fulfill the number of your days. 27 I will send my terror before you and will throw into confusion all the people against whom you shall come, and I will make all your enemies turn their backs to you. 28 And I will send hornets before you, which shall drive out the Hivites, the Canaanites, and the Hittites from before you. 29 I will not drive them out from before you in one year, lest the land become desolate and the wild beasts multiply against you. 30 Little by little I will drive them out from before you, until you have increased and possess the land. 31 And I will set your border from the Red Sea to the Sea of the Philistines, and from the wilderness to the Euphrates, for I will give the inhabitants of the land into your hand, and you shall drive them out before you.
What a promise that we have! This year I will define my purpose by reading the promises of God
Promises of God
- Eternal Life 1 John 2:25
- Forgiveness Ezekiel 36:26
- Holy Spirit Luke 11:13
- Money/Finances Psalms 34:9-10
- Our Needs Philippians 4:19
- The Father gave us His best Romans 8:32
- God doesn’t hold anything back for us Psalm 84:11
- Bible Promises for Healing Jeremiah 30:17
- Good Health Exodus 15:26
- God Heals and Forgives Psalms 103:2-3
- Wisdom/Guidance; Wisdom is one of God’s promises James 1:5, God gives wisdom and guides us Psalms 32:8, Lord you said; “Trust in the Lord with all your heart, And lean not on your own understanding; In all your ways acknowledge Him, And He shall direct[a] your paths. Do not be wise in your own eyes; Fear the Lord and depart from evil.” Proverbs 3:5-7; God promises to guide you on His pathway. It’s in the Bible, Isaiah 30:21, KJV. “And thine ears shall hear a word behind thee, saying, This is the way, walk ye in it, when ye turn to the right hand, and when ye turn to the left.”
- Children, Family and Marriage; God will save your children. It’s in the Bible, Isaiah 49:25, NKJV. “For I will contend with him who contends with you, and I will save your children.” God calls husbands and wives to a mutually beneficial marriages. It’s in the Bible, 1 Corinthians 7:3, NKJV. “Let the husband render to his wife the affection due her, and likewise also the wife to her husband
- Peace; God has promised peace. It’s in the Bible, Isaiah 26:3, NKJV. “You will keep him in perfect peace, Whose mind is stayed on You, because he trusts in You
- Overcoming Temptation; God promises the devil will flee if we submit and draw near to God. It’s in the Bible, James 4:7-10, NKJV. “Therefore submit to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you. Draw near to God and He will draw near to you. Cleanse your hands, you sinners; and purify your hearts, you double-minded. Lament and mourn and weep! Let your laughter be turned to mourning and your joy to gloom. Humble yourselves in the sight of the Lord, and He will lift you up.”
- Protection; God has promised protection from harm and danger. It’s in the Bible, Psalm 91:4-6, NKJV. “He shall cover you with His feathers, and under His wings you shall take refuge; His truth shall be your shield and buckler. You shall not be afraid of the terror by night, nor of the arrow that flies by day, nor of the pestilence that walks in darkness, nor of the destruction that lays waste at noonday.”
- Fear; God has promised deliverance from fear. It’s in the Bible, Psalm 34:4, NKJV. “I sought the Lord, and He heard me, and delivered me from all my fears.
- Resurrection; The Bible promises that the dead will live again. It’s in the Bible, John 5:28-29, NKJV. “Do not marvel at this; for the hour is coming in which all who are in the graves will hear His voice and come forth—those who have done good, to the resurrection of life, and those who have done evil, to the resurrection of condemnation.”
- End of Suffering; He has promised an end to death, sorrow, and pain. It’s in the Bible, Revelation 21:4, NKJV. “And God will wipe away every tear from their eyes; there shall be no more death, nor sorrow, nor crying. There shall be no more pain, for the former things have passed away.”
Here are some of the promises that I will be saying throughout this year during my prayer, worship and mediation. I pray that the Holy Spirit will guide you as well. May this year prepare you for what is to come and may God direct your path unto all righteousness for your sake as well as mine for 2016.
In Jesus Name -Amen